WARNING: this dish is not the most 'skinny' of dishes - but if you're craving a couple of carbs or planning to have a big dinner- this is for you!
(The credit of this dish goes to a wonderful friend of mine)
• [Valcom] Curry Paste (choose any colour and use about half the jar, depending on your tastes)
- yellow: mild
- red: hot
- green: very hot
2x cans of Ayam premium coconut milk
• fresh baby corn, halved
• fresh bell peppers (capsicum), in strips
• fresh courgette (zucchini), in strips
• fresh carrots, in thin sticks/strips
• fresh snow peas
• 1/2 red onion, finely diced
• fresh chicken breasts (2-3 pieces, depending on the number of people you are serving), diced
*There are versions of the paste and coconut milk with lower sodium and saturated fat contents for your enjoyment*
1) heat up a frying pan, add a little bit of oil when hot, & add the chicken & red onion; keep on a low heat and cook until the chicken is ever so slightly golden (or cut a piece open to ensure it's not pink).
2) add your prepared bell pepper, courgette, carrot, snow peas & baby corn to the chicken & red onion, stir it through & place a lid on the frying pan so that the vegetables steam & everything cooks through.
3) once everything is cooked, add your curry paste, mix it, add the coconut milk & mix through; leave to simmer for a few minutes & then serve with rice :)