* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Use Old Scrap For Chic Interiors
Home & Garden
There's more you can do with your interiors; use old scrap to make pretty home decor items.
1. Bind your old hard cover books together (side by side), such that it looks like a plank. You can use this as a book shelf and place them on your wall. This is a funky way of upcycling.
2. To get that rustic look, you can use cane sieves (the ones with which your moms and mom-in-laws sieve rice in) to make it into a photo-frame. How? Well, just paint them in funky
ways, give them different strokes with different hues and you can paste your photographs on them before placing them on the wall. You could also make a photo wall, by placing many sieves in different angles (like if you place one
3. Use your old coasters as a wall hanging. Use colourful ribbons or threads to tie up the coasters after they're painted in your style, and then place them on your wall. You could do the same with your tea sieves, by painting them up and hanging them on the wall.
4. Radhika Khaitan, who is an upcycler herself, says you can use old baked beans tins, or beer bottle tins in many ways. Clean the tins up and paint it to use it as a flower vase. She also says that you can stack many a newspaper together, glue them up together and cut them such that they make pretty coasters.
5. Take small boxes, glue up your favourite magazine articles on them, and also sequence the edges to use it as a showpiece for your desk.
6. Another upcycler, Suren Vikhash U says, "You can use tetra pack containers to make pen stands by cutting them partially in the middle. This is a good and easy way to upcycle."
7. Use your old cartons and boxes, paint them or cover them up with colourful paper, place sequins on them, and use the end-product as a magazine or newspaper holder.