* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Tutorial/How I Turned a Dollar Store Find to a Ring Display Case
Home & Garden
I am pretty excited about this project I was just about share with you, because, I only spent $1 to buy the wood frame at the dollar store about year ago or so, and rest of the material was I already had at home and leftovers from other projects!
Even though you don't have exactly the same frame, no worries. You simply need to increase or decrease the number of "fabric spring roll" :) you put in.
1. One dollar frame... this is the before picture that I simply spray painted it to prep for the project and set a side.
2. To make the "fabric spring roll"( just don't know the proper name for it)to slide the rings in, cut 4"x 4" squares out of linen and slightly less than 2"w X 9"L batting. In this case I cut out 27 pieces each, but this will change depends on the wood frame you have.
3. Fold the batting few times to make it look like the one in the picture and sew the end.
4. Place the folded batting onto the 4"x 4" fabric diagnally, than stard wrapping it like making a spring roll. Use pictures as a guide.
You need to make this how many ever you need, but this is like the perfect part to make it into take and go project in the zip lock bag.
then, sew the end.
5. Drizzle the glue from glue gun into the each square. Quickly put the fabric spring rolls into the square before the glue gets dry. Its best to work one square at the time.
6. Use butter knife to push in some ends that are sticking out.
You see the difference of before and after?
Just like I said in earlier, you don't have to have exact same frame to make a ring display case like this. You could even use glasses, baskets, boxes, cans, I mean the possibilities to make this unique are endless. Did I make you wanna look around your house a bit to see what you can find? :)
Each rings are snugly in it's place...I LOVE it.
--brilliant Blog --- check it out!