* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Tofu Hot Pot
Food & Drink
Chinese cooking depends on the same general principles as Good and Cheap: Build bright flavors from key ingredients, and use lots of veggies with just a little meat or fish. You can use whatever vegetables you have around, and mushrooms help create an earthy broth.
1 Tbsp finely grated ginger
4 cloves garlic, finely grated
½ lb mushrooms, chopped
1 tsp chile paste
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 lb firm tofu
4 med carrots, chopped
4 scallions, white and green parts, separated and chopped
8 oz dried spaghetti, soba, or any Asian noodles
Handful of bean sprouts (optional)
1 lb chicken, pork, or beef instead of tofu
Handful of peanuts, chopped
Chile peppers, finely chopped
Sprinkling of chopped fresh cilantro
Kimchi, for topping
1 daikon radish, sliced, for topping
1. PLACE the grated ginger and garlic in a pot over medium heat. After a few seconds, once you start to smell the garlic, pour in 8 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then decrease the heat to low. Add the mushrooms, chile paste, soy sauce, and toasted sesame oil. Place a lid on the pot and let simmer for 20 minutes.
2. CUT the tofu into 4 slices, then cut each slice into 8 squares.
3. ADD the tofu, carrots, and the white parts of the scallions to the broth. Cook until the carrots are tender, about 10 minutes more.
4. ADD the noodles and boil until they soften. Check the package directions for specific cooking times.
5. TASTE the broth. If it isn't salty enough, add a splash more soy sauce. Adjust the sesame oil and chile paste to your taste as well.
6. LADLE the soup into bowls. For a little crunch, top with the bean sprouts, if using, and the green parts of the scallions.
NUTRITION (per serving) 365 cal, 21 g pro, 56 g carb, 11 g fiber, 7 g sugars, 8.5 g fat, 1 g sat fat, 127 mg sodium
Thanks for looking. This is not my recipe. Please follow the link provided below and view the original version in its entirety along with many other great ideas!