* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Tiramisù Loaf + Ladyfingers Recipe! #tipit
Food & Drink
2 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose, unbleached flour
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
4 egg whites, beaten until stiff, but not dry
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Confectioners' sugar for dusting
PREHEAT OVEN to 350˚F
1. Grease two baking sheets with 2 tablespoons of the butter. Dust each baking sheet entirely with flour.
2. Combine the egg yolks with the sugar in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until the mixture is yellow, thick, and has tripled in volume, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add to this the whipped egg whites, salt, and vanilla. Fold the mixture while slowly sifting in the 3/4 cup flour. Fold the mixture well until smooth.
3. Fill a large pastry bag, fitted with a 1/2-inch plain tip, with the batter. Pipe twelve, 4-inch lengths, well spaced, onto each baking sheet. Dust the lady fingers with the Confectioners' sugar. Bake until just firm on the outside and light brown in color, about 15 to 18 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and transfer ladyfingers to a cooling rack.
Tiramisù Loaf Cake
250 ml double cream
75 gr sugar
4 eggs (yolks)
500 gr mascarpone cheese
5 tbs coffee liqueur (optional)
200 ml espresso coffee
250 gr ladyfingers (made with recipe above, or purchased)
Cocoa powder, for dusting
1. Line an 11-inch-by-3 1/2-inch loaf pan (or any pan of similar capacity) with plastic wrap extending 2-inches over each side. Set aside while you mix up the tiramisù.
2. Whip the cream just until stiff peaks form. Do not over beat.
3. Separate the egg yolks from the whites. In a large bowl beat the yolks with the sugar until very light and fluffy, about 10 minutes. Stir the mascarpone cheese into the egg-sugar mixture. Fold in the whipped cream.
4. Mix the espresso and the liqueur (I used Kahlua) in a shallow dish. Take the ladyfingers and trim them to fit crosswise into the loaf pan. Dip the ladyfingers into the espresso and place a row over the bottom of the loaf pan, using any leftovers, dipped,from the trimmings to cover completely.
5. Pour half of the filling over the ladyfingers and spread mixture evenly. Repeat this step one more time, ending with a layer of espresso-dipped ladyfingers on top. Fold the extending plastic wrap over the top of the tiramisù and refrigerate for at least one day. If you can allow it to chill for two to three days, that's even better.
6. To unmold, fold back the plastic wrap and position a serving plate over the top of the tiramisù. Invert the tiramisù onto the plate and carefully lift off the loaf pan/mold. Gently remove the plastic wrap. Dust the top of the tiramisù liberally with the cocoa powder. Refrigerate until ready to serve.