* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Tips To Survive A Long Flight With A Toddler - #tipit
Family & Kids
Long flights with a toddler is tough! Here are some tips to keep your toddler occupied during that long flight
1. Make sure they play A LOT at the airport playroom before boarding the plane
2. Have a different toy ready for every hour of your trip
3. Put each toy in separate bags - your toddler opening each bag is also part of the fun (and it takes time!!!)
4. Nothing that moves! Or makes loud sounds!
5. Pack lots of snacks. Always a good distraction
6. Keep the whole thing small and manageable - so it stays under your seat (you don't want to get up each time you get a new activity). Harness may be useful for some toddlers, especially in crowded airports
7. DO bring a carrier. He'll need lots of ups and downs on the aisle
Some great examples that worked for our monster (we've done several cross-Pacific flights)
- reusable sticker books
- wallet with fake money
- "who is this?" photo book of your family and people your toddler is familiar with - use a cheap photo book service, create a mini book of 10 pages or so, put a person's (or a pets) photo on each page, make your toddler guess who/what each photo is
- coloring books
- magnetic drawing board
- new mini truck, train, etc
- new toy that requires fine motor skills (and concentration skills)
- and of course, his favorite books and regular toys