* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Tips To Add Value To Your Home
Home & Garden
Sometimes, simple upgrades or expansion do not increase the value of a home. The main things are the primary ones, not the secondary or optional ones, so before you run off to add newer components to your house in order to increase its value, you might want to ponder upon the ones that are already there and the more basic ones that need replacement or renovation. If you add an extra garden to your house, or create a mini swimming pool, but the inside of your house still needs renovation, the money that you've invested in the pool or the garden will go straight into waste.
1. Install a new roof: During the time you live in your house, you do not pay much attention to the roof until it starts leaking due to rain and snow. Even then, minor fixes are applied that do not last for long. If you’ve been in your house for quite a while and your roof is in need of some serious repairing, consider installing a new one. It’s going to attract more potential buyers because they’ll be aware of the fact that they won’t have to fix the roof every now and then.
2. Active and functioning doors: Often, doors are loose on their hinges and their locks malfunction, so if you also have really old doors that give you a similar problem, consider changing the knobs, repairing the hinges, or even replacing the doors if necessary. This is particularly important with garage doors because they often malfunction. Garage doors are often the main focus of a house when seen from the front, so be sure that they work smoothly and are safe to use. Do not leave any creaky, creaky, or stuck doors in the house.
3. Restroom makeovers: No one likes a dirty, stained bathroom. Improve the fixtures, flooring, and accents to make your bathroom look new. You won’t have to spend much money on it because of its small area, so whatever you spend on your bathroom can simply be added up in your asking price. Change the sink mirrors if necessary, polish the bathtubs and toilets, change covers, replace any unattractive faucets, and throw in a soft rug.
4. New windows: It has been noted that installing new windows can give you at least 70% return on your investment. If you’re going to for something new, install high-end categories of that product. Double-paned glass windows are considered to be the best as they help in thermal regulation and enhance cooling/heating efficiency. Furthermore, new frames and windows create a much better façade, which will surely add value to your home.
5. Fresh flooring: If you have cracked flooring, or if your rugs are torn, it will put a very bad impression on potential buyers. If they don’t like to walk on something, they are less likely to live on it, so give them something comfortable, durable, and appealing to walk upon. Cracked flooring is also very harmful for furniture items and can damage the frame. Hardwood floorings or tiled floors are known to be the best kinds because of their timeless appeal and enhanced durability. If this exceeds your budget, you can also opt for concrete and laminate flooring!
Once you take care of the basic structures in your home that need your attention, you won’t have to worry about making extravagant improvements to your home to increase its value.