* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Tips On How To Get Healthy, Long Hair 💁
These tips are what work for me to keep my hair healthy and soft!
#1) Coconut oil
Coconut oil is the best thing I've ever used on my hair. Coconut oil is perfect to use if you're trying to grow out your hair. It's benefits include:
- The fatty acids in coconut oil work with your hair's natural proteins to protect it from breaking
- It goes deep into penetrating the hair follicles to moisturize and condition the hair
- The oil is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients such as Vitamin E and Vitamin K
- It's a great way to prevent dandruff and lice
Coconut oil hair treament:
1. Gather up some coconut oil in a bowl (however much your hair needs to saturate it)
2. Comb/brush through hair to get out any knots
3. If the coconut oil is solid, rub it around in the palm of your hands to melt. Then rub the oil all throughout your hair, massaging the scalp
*If you have oily prone hair, avoid putting oil on your roots*
4. Place the hair in a top knot or wrap in a towel/plastic bag
5. Leave the treatment in anywhere from 15 minutes to overnight
*Make sure to cover your pillow with a towel if you are leaving in the treatment in overnight*
#2) Trim the split ends
Be sure to trim your ends when they get too damaged. I get a trim every 3-4 months. If you leave the split ends in your hair, they can become more damaged and longer; forcing you to cut more off the ends.
#3) Let your hair breath
We style our hair, color it, and put heat on it. After all we do to it, or hair deserves to breath. Try to wear your hair down and natural as much as possible to give it a break.
#4) Do not overwash your hair
You should NEVER wash your hair everyday. It is said that you should wash your hair 2-3 times a week. I wash my hair every other day. Overwashing strips the hair of it's natural oils, causing it to produce more. For those days where you don't wash your hair, invest in a good dry shampoo. It will reduce oil build up and refresh your hair.
#5) Avoid hot water
Do not wash your hair with hot water. Hot water will dry out your scalp and cause dandruff. At the end of your shower, do a cold rinse to lock in moisture and add shine.
#6) Condition damp hair
Before applying conditioner, gently squeeze out excess water. Conditioning hair that is soaking wet prevents the conditioner from penetrating the hair shaft and delivering moisture.
#7) Condition ends
Do not start conditioning from your roots. Direcrly conditioning the roots can cause hair to be greasy. Begin conditioning from the mid shaft to your ends. You can rub what's left on your hands onto the roots.
#8) Comb wet hair
After washing your hair, do not brush it. Comb it with a wide-tooth comb. When the hair's wet, it's weaker. A hair brush will only damage it more.
#9) Brush from the bottom
When brushing you hair, start from the ends, working your way up. It will cause less damage. Starting from the roots can cause the brush to pull a knot down through the hair. Whenever you're brushing your hair, always be gentle and careful.