* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Summer Fruit Tart Berries Almond Cream #summerVibes
Food & Drink
4 ounces (115g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup (100g) sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup (130g) almond flour
2 teaspoons dark rum or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
big pinch of salt
3 nectarines (about 12 ounces, 370g), or another stone fruit, such as plums, peaches (peeled), or apricots
4 ounces (115g, about 1 cup) raspberries
One prebaked 9- 10-inch (23cm) tart shell, cooled
Strained apricot jam, for glazing, if desired
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
2. Make the frangipan by beating the butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until fluffy – about 1 minute on high speed. Add the eggs one by one, stopping the mixer and scraping down the sides of the bowl after adding each. (You can also make it by hand, beating the butter and adding the other ingredients, in a medium bowl, using a spatula.)
3. Remove the bowl from the mixer and stir in the almond flour, then the rum or vanilla extract, almond extract, and salt. Spread the frangipan in the cooled tart dough. Halve the nectarines and slice them into eighths. (The slices should be about 2 1/2-inch, 6cm thick.) Press the slices into the frangipan, in concentric circles, and press the raspberries into the frangipan, in between the nectarine slices.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the tart is golden brown across the top. Let cool, then brush lightly with apricot jam, if desired. If it’s not liquid enough to brush on, warm the jam gently in a small saucepan.
Serving: Serve warm or at room temperature by itself, with whipped cream, or a favorite ice cream, such as vanilla ice cream.
Storage: Once baked, the tart will keep for 2-3 days at room temperature.