* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Sugar Wax Hair Removal
Skin & Body
- mix together • 2 cups of sugar • 3/4 cup of water • 2 tsp of lemon juice - in a pot and boil it on a very hot flame for around 20-30 minutes - stir every couple minutes and keep a close eye on it because sugar burns easily!
- mixture is not ready because you can see it's still clear - Be careful not to let it boil over!
- Wax is almost ready, maybe a minute more - when it is finished boiling it will look slightly golden/brown with lots of bubbles on top - Notice it looks slightly brown under the bubbles
- wax is done and has been cooling off for a couple minutes - Be careful! Sugar will burn you! Let it cool down for a while before you use it! Don't be impatient!
- after it has cooled down significantly pour into a microwaveable container, preferably a silicone non-stick container (trust me it won't stick to this! But it will surly stick to almost everything else!)
- Try not to set it down anywhere besides the container when you're using it! It will stick and it's hard to pull off!
- if you do get it stuck on something, pull the majority off if possible and then you can wash the remainders off by soaking it and rubbing it with a wet cloth to dilute the sugar enough for it to just melt away!
- put the pot you used into a sink and fill it with water and the sticky sugar will be diluted and gone after you let it sit for a while
- it's best to rip off 5 or so smaller pieces and set aside the rest to be used later!
- separate the blobs of sugar wax enough that they don't get stuck together (although it really doesn't matter, it's just easier not to have to pull them apart)
- if it is too hard to use, heat it in the microwave for around 15-20 seconds
- before you start waxing • clean your skin and try to get rid of any dead skin • make sure the skin is dry and clean by using baby powder to insure sweat won't become an issue! - you will have to reapply the baby powder often
- sugar waxing is different than normal waxing - when using it, spread it on against the grain and pull it off with the grain
- tie you hair back! You do NOT want this stuff stuck in any hair you want to keep!
- set aside probably around 2 hours for this, especially if it is your first time. It will take practice and a lot of getting used to!
- it's learn-as-you-go basically, you'll get it sooner or later! Don't worry!
- make sure your hair is long enough, small prickles won't cut it. Try to let your hair grow for at least a week before this!
- it can be used on any kind of hair, and any kind of skin, anywhere on the body.
- this stuff is very sticky. Your fingers and skin will get sticky, but you can just wash it off with water and maybe a bit of soap if need be.
- I put some baby powder in a tiny container so I could just stick my fingers in it to use more easily than pouring it out of the original container
- when using the wax, I know you can heat it up when it gets too tough, but what I did was I just filled my sink with about an inch of really hot water and let the container sit in it
- another thing I tried was I added a very tiny drop of water and then mixed it around and dried my hands when they got wet from the mixture, and even put the little ball of wax into the small container of baby powder and mixed that into it. Put more baby powder on your skin and the sugar won't work a few times after you've wet it, because it's too wet. But keep trying! Try a few times and keep using baby powder and then you'll be able to use it very easily! You won't even really need to heat it up that much!
But eventually after you've done this, the wax will stop peeling off so easily and start getting stuck on your skin. When that happens, you can wash off the stuff that is stuck to you with a wet cloth and get a new piece of wax and repeat!
(If you don't understand what I mean by this just continue to heat and reheat the wax and that'll also work just fine, just a little more work and effort.)