* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cake
Food & Drink
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Yield: about 10 servings
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup chocolate chips plus more for sprinkling the top of cake
1 pound strawberries, hulled and halved
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 9x3-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Grease the side of the springform pan or square pan with butter or cooking spray.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together into a medium bowl.
3. In a separate large bowl, combine butter, Greek yogurt, and 1 cup sugar and, using electric mixer, beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy - no more than 2 minutes.
4. Reduce speed to medium, mix in the egg, beat until light and fluffy. Then mix in milk, vanilla.
5. Keeping the mixer speed low, mix in the flour mixture, gradually, just until combined. Do not over mix.
6. Fold in chocolate chips into the batter. Transfer batter to springform pan. Arrange strawberries on top of the cake, cut sides down and close together. Place chocolate chips in spaces in between.
7. Bake cake for about 1 hour until the top is golden brown and the tester comes out clean. In the last 5-10 minutes of baking, you can take the cake out of the oven and sprinkle some more chocolate chips on top, pressing them lightly into the top of the cake (the top of the cake will already be baked and a bit crusty) - it will make for a nice presentation. Return to the oven for 5-10 more minutes, to allow chocolate to melt a bit and look even nicer!
8. When the cake is done baking, let it cool (still in the baking pan) on a wire rack. After cake has cooled for about 40 minutes, release the cake from the springform pan. At this point, if the cake is cool enough, you can slide your hand under the cake, between the parchment paper and the bottom portion of the springform pan and move the cake with the parchment paper attached to its bottom onto a cake plate easily.