* 24 wonton wrappers
* 300 grams ground pork
* 1/2 onion, minced
* 3 dried shiitake mushrooms,
reconstituted in water and minced
* 1 egg
* 1/4 head cabbage
* 150 ml water
* 1 tbsp soy sauce
* 2 tbsp sugar
* 1 tbsp sesame oil
* 3 tbsp potato starch
* 1/2 tsp salt
1. Cut cabbage into thick shreds.
2. Combine ground pork, minced onions, shiitake mushrooms, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, potato starch, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well until sticky.
3. Fill wonton wrapper with one spoonful of the pork mixture. Fold the wrapper, leaving the top open.
4. Line frying pan with parchment paper and shredded cabbage. Place the siu mai dumplings on top and top each one with a pea if desired. Pour water into the pan, making sure not to get any water inside the parchment paper. Cover and cook for 15 minutes on medium-low heat.
5. Serve the dumplings along with the steamed cabbage and enjoy with a mixture of soy sauce and mustard