Nutritional Info: per serving(6) Calories - 615 Fat - 33g Saturates - 8g Carbs - 27g Sugars - 5g Fibre - 4g Protein - 53g Salt - 1.6g
Ingredients: 1 large chicken (about 24kg) 2 lemons, halved 1/2 small bunch thyme Olive oil, for dressing 1 ciabatta loaf, torn into pieces 90g pack prosciutto 1 garlic bulb, halved horizontally For the salad - 200g pack green beans 1 bunch spring onions, sliced Small bunch parsley, roughly chopped 4 baby gem lettuce, separated into leaves For the dressing - 1 tbsp olive oil juice 1 lemon
1. Heat oven to 200C/392F. Season the chicken inside and out, then stuff the cavity with 1 of the lemons and the thyme. Sit in a roomy roasting tin, drizzle with olive oil and roast for 40 mins.
2. Remove the tin from the other, then scatter the ciabatta pieces around the chicken and ruffle over the prosciutto. Add the garlic and remaining lemon halves to the tin. Roast everything together for 40 mins more until the croutons and prosciutto are crisp.
Remove from the oven, transfer the chicken to a plate and leave to cool.
Remove the croutons and prosciutto, and set aside.
3. While the chicken is cooling, cook the green beans in a pan of boiling
water for 5 mins. Drain, cool under cold water, then tip into a big bowl
with the spring onions and parsley.
4. To make the dressing, squash the roasted lemon and garlic in the
roasting tin with a potato masher. Remove all the skin from the garlic,
then stir in the olive oil and lemon juice with some seasoning – scrape
the bottom of the tin to get all the sticky chicken juices into your
dressing. Stir in any resting juices from the chicken and set aside.
5. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, strip the meat off the bones.
Just before serving, add the dressing, chicken, croutons, prosciutto
and lettuce to the green bean mix in the bowl, toss together and scatter
over a large serving platter.
Hope you enjoyed the tip! Please like it before saving! More recipes coming Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.