You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns are subject to brand approval.
Log In or Register
Red Velvet Donuts With Cream Cheese Frosting
Food & Drink
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted with 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup buttermilk*
1 tablespoon red food coloring
*If you don’t have buttermilk you can substitute it by squeezing the juice of a quarter of a lemon into a measuring cup. Add enough whole milk to make 1/2 cup and let it sit out for 5-10 minutes, or until the milk thickens a bit and begins to curdle.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree. Spray a doughnut pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and chocolate in 30 second intervals until completely melted. Mix to combine.
3. In the bowl of a large stand mixture, combine the sugar and egg until light and creamy. Add the butter and chocolate mixture, vanilla, buttermilk and red food coloring. Mix until all the ingredients until they are combined. Add in flour gradually until it is the consistency of cookie dough.
4. Use your hands to fill the doughnut pan with dough. I found it baked up the prettiest when I rolled the dough into long hot dog shapes and place it in the pan.
5. Bake for about 12 minutes or until they are done. Allow them to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes then remove them from the pan and bake the second batch.
2 oz. cream cheese (1/4 of one block), softened
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/6 cup whole milk
Blend all the ingredients using a mixer. Pour the mixture in a pastry bag or zip lock and cut the tip and drizzle on.