* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
RAJASTHANI GATTA CURRY
Food & Drink
Rajasthani Gatta curry or Gatte ki subzi is a very popular Rajasthani vegetarian dish made from besan atta (Bengal flour or chickpea flour). Dumplings made from gram flour and dry spices are steamed and cooked in a spicy and tangy yoghurt based sauce.
Coriander Powder 1Tsp
Water As Needed
Salt To Taste
Turmeric Powder 1/2Tsp
Red Chilli Powder 1 1/2Tsp
Hing (asafoetida) Pinch
Coriander Seeds 1Tsp
Besan Atta (chickpea Flour) 1Cup
Mustard Seeds 1/4Teaspoons
Cumin Seeds 1/4Teaspoons
Oil For Deep Frying
Coriander Leaves For Garnishing
1. Put 1 tsp of crushed coriander seeds in a bowl. Add pinch of hing, chilli powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix all the ingredients well.
2. Add besan (chickpea flour), 1 tsp of oil and 1 tsp yogurt. Mix all ingredients well to make stiff and tight dough.
You can add very little water if required) Take some dough and make into thin cylindrical long strips shape and keep aside.
3. Make about 4-5 strips. Add some water in a vessel and allow it to boil. Once the water comes to a boil, gently drop in the dough strips in the hot water.
Cover and cook for around 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, strain the water and keep the gattas aside to cool down.
4. Do not throw the water away; you can use it for making the gravy/ sauce. Once the gattas are cooled down, cut the rolls into small pieces.
5.Add some oil in a hot kadai and fry these gatta pieces until they turn golden in colour and are crispy. Keep the fried gattas aside. In the gatta water,
6.add 1 tsp of besan flour n mix well, free of lumps. Take ½cup of yogurt, add pinch of hing, salt, 1 tbsp coriander pd, ¼ tsp turmeric and 1 tsp red chilli pd. In a hot pan, heat some oil and when the hot gets hot, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds. Once they splutter, add the yogurt mixed with masala
7. Add the besan water and bring this to a boil stirring continuously until the gravy gets slightly thickened.
8. Add the fried gatta pieces and mix well. Cover and cook in a very slow flame for about 10 mins. After 10 minutes, remove the lid.
9. switch off the flame and garnish with some coriander leaves.