- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
Whipped Cinnamon Honey Butter:
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
For the cornbread:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves for 20 seconds.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture then set aside
- In a separate mixing bowl, add brown sugar and break up sugar with fingertips until no clumps remain.
- Add in melted butter and pumpkin and whisk to combined
- Mix in sour cream and eggs until well blended. Pour mixture into well in flour mixture then fold with a rubber spatula just until combined and no streaks of flour remain
- Spray an 8 by 8 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and pour batter into pan. Spread batter into an even layer, bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted into center comes out free of batter, about 25 - 30 minutes
- Cool slightly on a wire rack then cut into squares. Serve with Cinnamon Honey Butter
For the cinnamon honey butter:
- In a mixing bowl (or using a stand mixer) whip butter with an electric hand mixer until smooth.
- Add in honey, powdered sugar and cinnamon and mix on low speed until combined, then increase to high speed and whip until light and fluffy, about 2 - 3 minutes.