Step 1: The muffin ingredients:
1 cup warm milk
4 tablespoons margarine
2 cups sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
Step 2: Making the cake..
- Sift dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Place in a blender the eggs, margarine and milk. Blend for 3 minutes
- Add the sugar to the blender. Whip one more minute.
- Add the flour and cocoa gradually, blending constantly.
- Bake the muffins as usual..
Step 3: Chocolate frosting ingredients and how to make it.
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 Tbsps cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp butter
- In a saucepan, add all the ingredients and stir on low heat.
- Stir until the mixture thickens.
Step 4: Vanilla Flan ingredients and directions.
2 Cups milk
- vanilla or rum extract (I got rum)
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 4 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Egg Yolks
- grated coconut, as much you want .
- 150 ml cream (milk)
-Press the egg yolks through a sieve into the milk
- Mix the cornstarch into the milk
- Add sugar and vanilla extract and Stir well
- Place on medium heat and stir until the mixture thickens.
- Add the grated coconut and the cream.
- Let it cool
Step 5: Filling and topping.
Scoop out a piece from the center of the cupcake and fill it with flan. Close it back up.
Top with the chocolate frosting
I used a large grass pastry tip to apply the frosting, to give an effect of softness, almost like a plush toy.
Step 6: The Panda's head
-150 g butter
- 2 cups pastry sugar
- 100 ml milk
- rum extract.
Whip all ingredients together until having a butter frosting.
- milk powder
- grated coconut
- some whipped cream
Mix the butter frosting with milk powder, making a molding clay.
Pinch off a golf-ball size of this clay and put a ball of the chocolate brigadeiro inside.
Close the butter ball around the chocolate ball. Cover with whipped cream, and roll it in coconut.
Shape a Panda head.
Step 7: Eyes and ears.
Eyes and ears I used the chocofrosting (brigadeiro) I made, because when it goes cool, it becomes like a clay, you can shape the eyes and ears out of this
Step 8: Bear's paw..
You can use another brand, too.
Cut 2 and do as the pictures show.
Step 9: Ready !