* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
New York Times Best Chocolate Chip Cookie!!!
Food & Drink
• 2 cups minus 2 tbsp cake flour
• 1 2/3 cups bread flour
• 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
• 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1 1/2 tsp coarse salt
• 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
• 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
• 1 cup plus 2 tbsp granulated sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 2 tsp natural vanilla extract
• 8oz semi sweet chocolate, chopped into chunks
• 4oz unsweetened chocolate, grated
• 8oz semi sweet chocolate chips
• sea salt
1. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into bowl. Set aside
2. Using a mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars together until very light, about 5 min. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Reduce speed to low, add dry ingredients and mix until just combined, 5 to 10 seconds. Stir all chocolate into dough using a wooden spoon. Press plastic wrap against dough and refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours. Dough may be used in batches, and can be refrigerated for up to 72 hours
3. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat. Set aside
4. The original recipe recommends using 3 1/2oz of dough per cookie and baking six cookies per baking sheet, but I thought that made for an entirely too large cookie. So I dropped the dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet, then sprinkled lightly with sea salt and baked until golden brown, but still soft, 10-12 minutes. Transfer sheet to a wire rack for 3-4 minutes, then slip cookies into another rack to cool a bit more. Repeat with remaining dough!!