* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
🍵🍴NO WASHING UP HAM, EGG & CHEESE BREAD BOWLS🍝🍸
Food & Drink
A great "no washing up" breakfast idea that's perfect for feeding a crowd because you can make ahead and cook a lot at the same time.
4 bread rolls (soft or crusty)
4 small slices of ham, or 2 big ones cut in half
4 eggs, at room temperature
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional)
1.Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
2.Cut the tops off the bread rolls.
3.Scoop out the centre and reserve (see notes for ideas to use). To be neat, use a small knife to cut a round outline before scooping out the centre.
4.Line the bread bowl with a layer of ham. Try to use one whole piece if you can because then there is less chance of egg seeping through and being soaked up by the bread.
5.Crack in an egg.
6.Top each with 2 tbsp of mozzarella cheese and a sprinkle of parsley (optional).
7.Put the top back on each roll. Wrap with foil and place in oven to bake for ~10 to 15 minutes. Take a peek at 10 minutes to check them. 10 minutes = very runny yolks. 15 minutes = firm just cooked yolks. 15 minutes + = very cooked yolks. (See notes for more information)
8.Remove from oven, unwrap and serve immediately.
1. You need to use lunch-size bread rolls for this, not small dinner rolls as they are too small.
2. You can add whatever fillings you want. Just be sure to line the bread with ham otherwise the egg will soak into the bread.
3. I have tried this with bacon before but because it is less pliable than ham, I found that it didn't work as well because I couldn't mould it into the bread bowl very well which left less room for the egg. It might work better with bacon using a large bread roll.
4. SAVE THE BREAD you scoop out! Use them to make breadcrumbs or croutons.