* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Mocha Brownie Ice Cream Cake
Food & Drink
2 tbsp warm water
4 tsp instant espresso
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/8 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 cup kahlua, optional
8 oz Cool Whip (or homemade whipped cream*)
Oreo Fudge Layer
16 oreos, crushed
1 1/2 cups hot fudge sauce (I used this one)
Whipped Cream Icing
2 1/2 tsp instant espresso
1 tbsp warm water
1 1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
NOTE: 8-inch springform pans are best for this recipe so that you can easily remove the cake once it's been assembled. If you do not have a springform pan, line your pan with clear wrap before adding your parchment paper and cake board. You can use the clear warp to lift your cake out of the pan once it's assembled and frozen. You want to make your cake layers in the same pan you'll use for layering the ice cream and cake together so that they cake layers fit in the final pan you use for layering.
1. Make brownie dough according to instructions on back of box.
2. Grease two 8-inch pans (preferably springform pans, see above) and line the bottoms with parchment paper to allow for easy removal. Bake at temperature on box, reducing baking time to about 20 minutes.
3. When brownies are done baking, allow to completely cool.
1. Once the brownies have cooled, make the ice cream. In a small bowl, add espresso to warm water and stir to dissolve.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
3. Add milk, sugar, espresso and kahlua to cream cheese and mix until completely combined.
4. Fold in the cool whip.
Assembling it all
1. Line the sides of an 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper. The parchment paper should stick up above the top edge of the pan, since the cake will be a taller than your pan. If you want, put a cardboard cake circle in the bottom of the pan.
NOTE: You should be using the same 8-inch pan you used for the cake. Not all 8-inch pans are exactly the same size. Your cake needs to fit in this pan.
2. Put the first brownie layer in the bottom of your pan.
3. Spread half of the hot fudge sauce on top of the brownie and add half of the crush Oreos, spreading as evenly as you can.
4. Top with half of the ice cream.
5. Add second brownie to the pan, on top of the ice cream.
6. Spread remaining half of the hot fudge sauce on top of the brownie and other half of the crush Oreos, spreading as evenly as you can.
7. Top with remaining ice cream.
8. Allow ice cream cake to freeze completely, 6-8 hours.
9. When frozen, remove from springform pan and remove parchment paper from sides.
10. To make whipped cream icing, put mixing bowl and whisk attachment in freezer for about 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, dissolve espresso in warm water.
11. Remove bowl and whisk from freezer and whip cream on high until it begins to thicken.
12. Add espresso extract and powdered sugar and whip on high until thick and creamy.
13. Ice cake and freeze until serving.