- 1 cup raw, grated potatoes
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (about) milk to mix
Butter or oil for frying
- Place the grated raw potatoes in a clean cloth and twist to remove excess moisture.
- Whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Combine flour mixture into raw potatoes, mashed potatoes, and eggs.
- Add enough mix to make a batter.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat and add butter or oil.
- Drop potato batter by the tablespoon into the hot pan.
- Brown on both sides (about 4 minutes per side).
- Butter each boxty and serve hot with or without sugar.
- Yield: about 4 servings