* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
How to Re-Caulk a Bathtub
Home & Garden
My tipper had to re-caulk our bathtub due to some spots of mold along the caulk line. You will be amazed on what was behind the old caulk!
Time: 1 Days
Hope you enjoy the step by step instructions on how to re-caulk a bathtub.
how to re caulk a bathtub tips, bathroom ideas, home maintenance repairs, how to
This is what I was dealing with! A cracking caulk, mold in the corner and discolorations.
How to remove the old caulk:
• Best way t remove it, is by using a utility knife and cut it all out.
• Spray some Lift-Off Caulk/Silicon remover onto the entire area you scraped off the old caulk.
• Let it soak for few minutes, and scrape it off with the knife again. Clean with a damp rag while wearing gloves.
• Scrub the area with a scotch pad and some bleach or comet powder.
• I used a lint-free rag to wipe down the area, and then let it dry out overnight. You can also use a hair-dryer to speed up the process.
• Fill the tub three quarters of the way full of water to allow the tub to sag while the silicone dries for 24 hours. Otherwise, the tub will sag when you get in and pull on the seam causing possible long-term cracking and breaking.
• Placed the tape about 1/8″ on either side of the seam. It helps to achieve a straight and smooth line, and makes the clean-up faster and easier.
Now it's time to apply the caulk:
• Apply steady pressure to your tube gun as you move along the tub seam.
• As soon as the seams are filled, smooth the caulk with a wet fingertip. Or for a tidier job, use the Caulk-Rite tool, a small rubber spatula set in a durable handle. It creates a stunning bead with no mess or edge marks.
Once done, remove the masking tape carefully.
Don’t bathe or shower for a minimum of 24 hours to let the caulk cure.
To see more: http://www.oheverythinghandmade.com/how-to-re-caulk-a-bathtub/ #tipit