* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
How To Workout Thighs Without Bulking Up
Health & Fitness
I decided that I wanted to slim my thighs down a little bit, so began to do some exercises hailed as being the best thigh slimmers. But actually, I felt like my thighs were just getting bigger! Here's why, and tips on how to avoid this...
The reason that your legs may get bigger to begin with is because you are building muscle, but have not yet worked off the layer of fat on top of them. So whilst you're building great leg muscles, unless you work the fat off the top you won't see it!
Here's what I've done to finally get slim legs
Fat burning cardio is VITAL! Running, swimming, skipping, jumping jacks, anything or everything will do. This will make sure that you work the layer of fat off, leaving behind toned, defined legs. Doing squats alone won't cut it, so make fat burning cardio a central part of your routine
Don't overdo the reps! It may seem counterintuitive that doing fewer reps will lead to better results, but in the case of getting thinner thighs, its true! Too many reps will just build huge amounts of muscle, and if your goal is slim legs, not muscly legs, keep a lid on your number of reps.
Now here are the best moves I have found:
1. Leg lifts. These are great because they lengthen and tone your existing muscle without adding too much. 20 reps each leg is a good start
2. Sumo squats. These are a godsend for your inner thighs, and working off the fat
3. Wall sits. Again, these are tightening muscle you already have without building them up too much. Set a target of 60 seconds, and work up
4. Donkey kicks. At first, I didn't really feel like those were doing much for me, but pretty soon the burn started and they became a favourite!