* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
How To Make Your Own Lipstick With Crayons!!!
Lipsticks made by crayons are completely non-toxic and 100% safe, and you know exactly what goes on your lips and who it has been handled by. All you need is petroleum jelly / Shea butter and a crayon of your choice, any colour!
1. Remove the paper from the crayons you wish to use.
Turn your stove on a high heat!
You may wish to cut off any part of the crayon that was not covered by paper, as these parts may have germs or bacteria on them.
Note that if you keep all of your crayons together, exposed parts may have been tainted with other colors. Check carefully before using!
2. Fill the saucepan one half full with water. Add a pinch of salt to help the water boil faster! Place to saucepan on the hot stove burner and wait for the water to boil!
3. Once the water in the saucepan is boiling, turn the heat on the burner down to low-medium. Place the metal mixing bowl on top of the boiling saucepan. Be sure that the water does not touch the mixing bowl. If it does, pour out some of the water until you can place the bowl on the saucepan without it touching.
4. Place a single crayon in metal bowl. This should be your "base shade", a red or pink that you would like to be the base of your lipstick shade. You can also use any other colours, even greens and blues! Add more crayons as you wish! You may wish to use half crayons or even tiny pieces.
Colors like maroon can be used to darken the shade, while peaches and nudes will make the shade less intense.
5. Stir the crayons continuously with a fork as they melt. Once melted turn the burner to a low heat.
Stir in the petroleum jelly or Shea butter with a fork. Stir until all the ingredients are completely melted and mixed together. The more petroleum jelly or shea butter you use, the easier it will be to apply your new lipstick.
You can buy Vaseline petroleum jelly in supermarkets and places like boots in tubs :)
6. Once all the ingredients are melted and mixed together, remove your metal bowl from the saucepan using oven gloves or a dish towel.
Pour your new lipstick liquid directly into a container. You can use a range of things such as your old lipstick tube, contact lens tubs and many more! I personally use my old pocket Vaseline tins! Use a knife or your fingers to shape the mixture.
Finally! Once the lipstick has cooled slightly you can store it in the refrigerator! Give the lipstick a few hours to solidify. I leave mine over night but please give it between 3-8 hours.
Remove it from the fridge and off you go!!!