* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
How To Make The Best Carrot Cake
Food & Drink
Made by me and my dad!
3 large eggs
350g muscovado sugar
350ml sunflower oil
200g self-raising flour
1 teaspoon of self-raising flour
1 teaspoon of nutmeg
2 teaspoon of cinnamon
2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
180g grated carrots (about 3/4 medium sized)
100g raisins - optional!!
600g full-fat cream cheese
200g icing sugar
Grated zest of 2 oranges (plus more shredded for decoration if you want)
Chunk of marzipan
Orange food colouring
1. Cut grease proof paper to fit into two circular dishes about 7 or 8 inches (roughly) in diameter. Including the edges.
2. Preheat oven to about 180C/Gas 4/fan 160C.
3. Tip the sugar, oil and eggs (whisked) into a mixing bowl, and lightly mix with a wooden spoon.
4. Stir in the grated carrots (the raisins if using them) and orange zest.
5. Mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda and spices, and then sift into the bowl with other ingredients. Lightly mix all ingredients, and when everything is evenly mixed stop. The mixture will be fairly soft and almost runny.
7. Separate the mixture into each of the two baking tin so it is completely equal.
Bake for 40-45 mins, or until is firm and springy (test with a knife etc).
Mix together the orange zest, cream cheese and icing sugar until all combined and makes a smooth paste. It tastes delicious! So don't eat too much and save it for the cake!;-)
Grab a chunk of the marzipan and add a few drops of the orange food colouring, and fold into until all through orange. Continue doing this until you reach the orange colour you want. (Wash hands after!)
Make into carrot shapes by shaping
The bottom of a cylinder shaped piece of marzipan and not the top, mould with your hands until satisfied. Try not to fiddle too much with them though because otherwise marzipan can become dry and harder to shape. If this happens just use a new piece of marzipan.
Make 8 or more carrots.
Make a small hole (with like a wooden stick) in the top of the carrot and break off some parsley with the stalk and put it gently in there.
When the cakes are removed from the oven remove from tins and allow to cool for as long as necessary but must be completely cooled for the icing not to melt.
When cakes are cooled, put one cake on the serving plate and layer on the icing, quite thick, so you can see it when the other cake is placed on top.
Then place on top, exactly, the other layer of the cake. Then put on another layer of thick icing.
Split cake into 8 sections and place a marzipan carrot on each one.
Will serve at least 16 people!! (16 slices)
Please like and save!!
Mine and my dads recipe!
Serves at least 16!