* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
How To Make Gingerbread Houses
Food & Drink
6 cups all purpose flour
1/3 tsp baking powder
4 tsp ground ginger
4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 sticks of butter
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup dark molasses
1 tbs water
1. Whisk dry ingredients in a large bowl, set aside
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar until well blended. Beat in eggs, molasses, and water until well blended
3. Add half the flower mixture into the molasses mixture until well blended and smooth. Then add second half
4. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for 2 hours (or up to 3 days). Take out 10 min prior to use
5. Find/make templates for house with parchment paper
6. Roll out dough to 1/4" thickness
7. Place pattern pieces on the dough and use a knife to cut out the pieces
8. Keeping the parchment paper on, place the pieces on a cookie sheet
9. Bake in an oven at 350 degrees F for 11-15 minutes
10. Remove pieces from oven and cool for 15 minutes
2 large egg whites
2 2/3 cup powdered sugar
1. Whisk together egg whites and 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar. Once well blended add the rest of the sugar
2. Mix in an electric mixer until the icing hold stiff peaks
*keep a wet towel over icing when it's not being used to avoid it drying out
Use a pastry bag filled with royal icing to hold the house together and secure any decorations to the gingerbread house.
This is super easy and fun to do around the holidays!