* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
How To Make Crumpets 👍
Food & Drink
350ml semi skimmed milk warmed but not boiling
450g all purpose flour or plain flour
5g dried yeast
350ml finger warm water (that's an approx)
1tsp baking powder
Vegetable oil for cooking
1. Whisk together the milk, flour, yeast and sugar. Once combined add half the water and beat into batter, continue to add more water until batter is thick and smooth. Stop adding water once it reaches the consistency of thick cream. Cover with cling film and leave in a warm draft free place until foaming - about 1 to 2hrs.
2.whisk the salt and baking powder into the batter then heat a heavy based frying pan on the stove to hot but not smoking.
3. Dampen kitchen paper with a little oil and grease the base of the pan and a crumpet (or pastry) ring measuring 3" x 1 1/5" approx.
4. Place one ring in the heated pan, add enough batter to fill just below the top of the ring. Cook for 5minutes when there should be many tiny holes on the surface and the crumpet is setting. Flip the crumpet over and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Repeat with the remaining batter until used up. Rest the crumpets on a wire rack until cool and reheat in a toaster or under a grill before serving. Serve with lots if butter and/or jam.
6. NOTE: if the batter seeps from under the ring it's is to thin, then whisk in more flour. If the crumpet is to heavy and without holes the batter is to thick, add more water.
Hope you like this recipe!! Please like share and save 👍