6 cups powdered sugar, divided
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup milk
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 lemon, juice and zest separated
1. To fry dough: In a heavy 2-quart saucepan, pour in enough oil to fill it at least 2 inches deep. Heat over medium heat to 350ºF.
2. Open the dough canisters, and divide the dough into sets of 2 triangles. Press the perforations together on each pair to seal and form a rectangle. Stack 2 rectangles on top of one another, press them together, and then fold them widthwise. Press down. Repeat with the remaining dough.
3. Use a 3-inch-round biscuit cutter to cut a round from each rectangle stack, and then use a 1-inch-round biscuit cutter to cut the hole in the center. Reserve the remaining dough.
4. Fry the dough in hot oil for 45 to 90 seconds on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on the paper towels, and allow them to cool before glazing.
5. To make the vanilla glaze: In a medium bowl, mix 4 cups of powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla, and then add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until a smooth, glaze-like consistency forms.
6. To make the cinnamon sugar: In a small bowl, combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon, and mix.
7. To make the lemon glaze: In a small bowl, mix 2 cups powdered sugar, the lemon juice, and half of the lemon zest until a smooth, glaze-like consistency forms. Reserve the remaining lemon zest for garnish.
8. To assemble: Split a fried and cooled croissant doughnut in half, and place 2 tablespoons of vanilla pudding in the center. Sandwich the halves back together, and drizzle the glaze of your choice over the top. Roll in the cinnamon sugar (optional). Serve immediately.
This recipe makes 6 cronuts
Recipe credit goes to Popsugar, I just really like this recipe and wanted to share!
don't forget to save/like/friend/follow for more of these!☺️