* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
How To Make A Victoria Sponge!
Food & Drink
This is a recipe used in my cake shop in Devon and all pictures are of me or my sister!
Please like and save!
Hope you enjoy it!
- 200 grams of self-raising flour
- 200 grams of caster sugar
- 200 grams of unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 4 medium/ 3 large eggs
- electric mixer or mixing bowl and wooden spoon
- greaseproof paper and scissors
- 2x 20cm round cake tins
- palette knife (optional)
1) preheat your oven to gas mark 5/190c/375f.
2) prepare your cake tins using the greaseproof paper. ( if unsure see my tip )
3)in the electric mixer or mixing bowl, cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy
4) add one egg at a time, beating well until the mixture is smooth.
5) sift in the flour and baking powder and fold into the mixture.
6) divide the mixture between the two cake tins and level the mix with a palette knife or the back of a spoon.
7) Place both tins in the oven and check after 20 mins
8) after 20 mins insert a skewer into the centre of each cake if it comes out clean then it is cooked and can be taken out of he oven.
9) turn the cakes out onto a cooling rack and leave to cool COMPLETELY before adding the filling.
For the filling:
- 350 grams of icing sugar
- 175 grams of unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 tbsp of water
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- fork or electric mixer
1) sift the icing sugar into the bowl and add the butter.
2) mix them together using the fork or electric mixer.
3) add the water and vanilla extract. Mix well until pale, soft and fluffy.
9) Spread a layer of buttercream on to both of the cakes.
10) now spread a layer of jam on the bottom half
11) sandwich the two cakes together and decorate with fresh fruits. Eg strawberries or raspberries.
Sorry about the bad picture quality. Hope you liked it!!