* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
How To Get Rid Of Blackheads
Skin & Body
1) Have a hot shower, or bath or hold your head over a basin of hot water to steam pores open. You should be able to feel them opening but it might take a little while (about 5 minutes).
Do not underestimate this step as it makes the rest of the process much easier if you do it properly!
2) Use a facial scrub designed to remove blackheads once your pores have been opened, I recommend St. Ives facial scrub.
You don't have to spend a lot of money on a really expensive face scrub, as a cheap one can be just as effective if you work it in and use it properly.
3) Wash off the face scrub with warm water and pat (not rub!) face dry with a towel or cloth. Dry your hands as well.
4) Using the index fingers of each hand, select an area of skin with a blackhead/blackheads and gently squeeze between these two fingers. The blackhead should burst with a little pressure so you can wipe away the contents and move on to the next one.
If the blackhead does not burst with gentle pressure then do not force it or pick at it as this will cause inflammation of the pore. Leave that one and try again, with longer steaming perhaps, in a few days.
5) When you have finished squeezing, wash your hands thoroughly and then wash your face with very cold water. This tightens and closes your pores to stop any new dirt getting into them while open, so prevents any new blackheads forming.
You can use a toner here if necessary.
6) Apply a tea tree lotion (try the body shop one) to the area you were squeezing to tighten pores further and thoroughly cleanse the area (I apply this to my blackhead prone areas every night.).
Redness is natural by now but this should fade in less than an hour.
This routine may not remove every blackhead the first time round, but you should see a huge difference after doing it, and, if repeated every 3-4 days, should remove all blackheads within 2 weeks.
Thanks for reading!