* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
How To Clean Your Room Without Wanting To Rip Your Hair Out
Home & Garden
Ok so, we all have to face the music now and again instead of shoving it all into the wardrobe or under the bed or out onto the landing and claiming it's not yours. But no one can even bear the THOUGHT of trying to sort out the man made jungle! Where do you even START?!
Here are some ways to make it bearable.
NOTE: There are three different sections: The strip of floor on the right side of the bed, left side, and the end
Step one: Preparation.
* Pull back the blinds, curtains etc.; to help brighten the place up so it looks less like a comfy cave and more like a clean positive space.
* Open the window; Give yourself some fresh air, and get rid of the stuffy feeling and smell.
* Blast the music; You don't want slow, sad music, so pick out Bon Jovi or Blur, or whoever gets you in a dance mood, and forces you to sing along. The catchy music will make the time seem lesser. Dance while you work! Wear earphones if it makes you more comfortable.
Step three: The floor.
Grab all your stuff from the floor on one section, and throw it on your bed. Sort into two piles: clothes and stuff.
* Take the clothes first: sort them into two piles; washing and put away. Throw everything in the washing pile in the wash basket. Everything to be put away, fold and put them back in the wardrobe or on the back of a chair for tomorrow.
Continue this on all sections.
Hoover the floor, and pick up bits of small lost things.
Step four: The side lines.
* Take all the junk you don't won't on your locker/nightstand, desk, and shelves, and throw it on your bed. Divide the stuff into two piles: things to take elsewhere, and things to put away. Sort out the things to bring elsewhere FIRST. Then put the second pile away. Dust off the areas, and resort the items to stay.
Step five: Dot the I's and cross the T's.
* Sort out DVD's, CD's, Books, Accessory's, etc.
* Clean off window sills, and wash down windows and mirrors.
* Empty out bins.
Step six: The REALLY REALLY clean.
If you are on spring clean mode than keep going:
* Clean under the bed next: Maybe have a box under your bed for shoes. After taking them off, put them away, and they'll never clutter the floor.
* Go through all your drawers and throw out all the clothes you haven't worn and won't wear. All the clothes you choose to keep, fold them, and put them away. Go one drawer at a time. Bag up the shoes and clothes you aren't keeping and bring them to a clothes bank.
Light a candle or incense. It will give a nice aroma to the room, and help you relax.
I hoped this helped. Please let me know what you think. 😊