* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
🍞Honey Cornbread Cakes
Food & Drink
Beautiful little beehive shaped cornbread cakes.
1 C. Yellow Cornmeal
1 C. Flour
1 T. Baking Powder
½ C. Sugar
1 t. Salt
1 C. Whole Milk
2 large Eggs
½ stick Butter(4 T.), melted
¼ C. Honey
And if you don’t have or don’t want to use a mold pan, this recipe makes fabulous muffins!
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a large bowl, mix together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
2. In another bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, butter, and honey.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Place muffin liners in a 12 cup muffin tin. Divide the batter evenly among the papers.
4. If using a mini mold pan, grease the pan with non stick spray and divide the batter between each mold.
5. Bake for 15 minutes(for muffins) and 20-25 minutes(for mini cakes).
This cornbread is perfect. Nice and dense, moist and just slightly crumbly. It’s full of honey flavor and buttery goodness. I still like a large amount of butter and honey on top, though. It just seems right.
If you don’t have a beehive shaped cake pan(I’m guessing the chances of that are pretty low), you could use any other type of mini mold pan(mini bundts would be fun!).
I’ve received several emails asking about the pan that I used for the cornbread, so I thought I would provide the amazon link for those who are interested.