* 2 potatoes
* 3 tablespoons cornstarch
* ¼ cup flour
* 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
* 1 tablespoon salt
* 1½ teaspoon pepper
* 1 egg
* 1 48-oz bottle vegetable oil
1. Peel the potatoes.
2. Cut them into cubes.
3. Put the potatoes in a pot and fill 3/4 with water. Boil for 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft. 4. Mash the potato cubes with the cornstarch, flour, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper.
5. Add an egg and mix together. The dough will be very moist, but you can add more flour or breadcrumbs to dry it out
6. Put a sheet of parchment or plastic wrap on the counter and liberally sprinkle it with flour. Put the dough on the parchment, sprinkle it with more flour, and place another sheet of parchment or plastic wrap on top
7. Roll the dough between the parchment to about 1/4 inch thick. Carefully peel off the parchment on top
8. Cut out circles of dough.
9. Use a straw to make the eyes and a spoon to make the mouth.
10. Fry the circles in a pan filled with 2 inches of oil at 350°F for about 15-17 minutes or until crispy. Flip them once in the middle
11. Place them on paper towels to drain.