* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Homemade Diva (Ding) Dongs
Food & Drink
*Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Delicious*
Ingredients: (For the Cake) (Cake recipe adapted from here!)
1 c. Bob’s gluten free flour (or whole wheat pastry for non GF)
1/4 c. cocoa powder
3/4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
dash of salt
1 1/2 TB. cornstarch
1/4 c. melted coconut oil
1/4 c. applesauce (room temperature)
1/2 c. non dairy milk(room temperature)
1/4 c. maple syrup(room temperature)
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. dates + 1/4 c. water pureed together to form a paste. (you can do this with a blender or food processor)
Ingredients: (For the Filling)
One can full fat coconut milk, top open and covered with plastic wrap, that has been sitting in the fridge over night
sweetener of choice-maple syrup, stevia, honey, agave, powdered sugar
Ingredients: (For the Coating) (Double amount for thicker coating)
1 -85% cocoa chocolate bar (you can do sweeter if you prefer, but I love dark chocolate) (3.5 ounces) (about 1/2 c. chocolate)
1/8 c. coconut oil
1 TB. sweetener of choice (I used agave) (optional)
Directions: (for the cake)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Mix dry ingredients together in one bowl, and wet ingredients together in another. Fold wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until incorporated. Don’t overmix.
2. Spray a cake pan/square pan(8×8) etc. with non stick spray and pour batter into cake pan. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes, or until center comes out clean. *Note: These aren’t going to rise super high, so for a higher cake, you can use a smaller pan or use a cupcake muffin pan.)
3. Once cake is done and cooled and released from pan and placed on cookie sheet, use a glass/circle cookie cuter and cut out circles.
4. Set aside and make filling.
Directions: For the Filling
1. After can of coconut has been sitting in the fridge overnight, remove it. With a spoon, scoop out the full fat cream that thickened overnight and put it in a bowl. Add a few TB. of your sweetener of choice and whisk together. Put back in the fridge while you make the chocolate coating.
Directions: For the Coating:
1. Add your chocolate, oil, and sweetener in a bowl that is sitting over a pot of simmering water. (double broiler.) Continue to stir until melted. Set aside. (You can also melt the chocolate in a microwave.)
Directions: For the assembly:
1. Take your cream filling and put it in a pastry bag fitted with any tip that has a smaller hole. I use this long skinny one that has gotten in a few fights with the garbage disposal.
2. With your pastry bag, poke a hole in the cake a squeeze a bunch of cream into the cupcake. Squeeze hard…
Make sure your chocolate is sitting in a deep bowl so it will be easy to dip them. Simply hold the bottom of the cake with two fingers and dip into the chocolate. Set down and let the chocolate drip down to coat the sides.
Set in the fridge for about 10 minutes to let the chocolate set, and then they are ready to eat.
The chocolate will stay hardened after and you won’t have to leave it in the refrigerator.