* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Homemade Chocolate Easter Eggs 🐰
Food & Drink
Ingredients: 300g dark/milk chocolate Icing for decorating eggs
Equipment: 8 x small egg moulds (available from specialist kitchen shops)
Method 1. Polish the inside of each mould with a piece of paper kitchen towel. Then dampen a piece of kitchen towel with a little flavourless oil, (e.g. sunflower), and polish the inside of each mould with the oil.
2. This is the slightly tricky part, you need to temper the chocolate -heat and cool it. (See next page for how to temper the chocolate.)
To temper the chocolate you will need: -A cooking thermometer -A heat-proof bowl -A saucepan of hot water Break the chocolate into pieces and melt gently in a bowl over a saucepan of hot. Place the thermometer into the chocolate until it reaches 43C/110F. Take off the heat and cool to 35C/95F.
3. Pour spoonfuls of the chocolate into each mould. Leave to set, flat side down on a surface, covered in greaseproof paper. Fill each mould in the same way. You will have to repeat the repeat the process another two or three times to build up a layer of chocolate in each mould.
Wait for about 20 minutes for the chocolate to set in between layers. This is important so that the two sides of the egg stick together evenly. Leave to chill in a cool place until set.
4. Carefully un-mould the egg halves and place on a clean surface. Take care not to handle the chocolate too much as it will start to melt from the heat of your hands.
5. To stick the two edges of an egg together, heat a baking sheet and then place the edges of two halves on it for a few seconds, then gently push the edges together.
6. To decorate the eggs, sit an egg in a glass or small cup and use as a stand while you pipe. You can wrap your eggs in cellophane wrap and label them to give away or place them in a basket and offer them to guests.
This is my first post so please let me know how I can improve!