* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Heard Of The ‘Feng Shui Haircut’?
There's a new trend catching on abroad — get your tresses feng-shui'd! Wearing a specific haircut and colour based on feng shui, is said to bring about success.
Basically, the ancient principles of feng shui are applied here. According to them, all energy falls into any of the five elements — fire, earth, metal, water, or wood. The idea is to find the right shape and colour that keeps the elements in harmony and it's believed that a wrong hairdo can actually push away an individual's chi (personal energy). Hollywood stars like Jennifer Aniston, Lady Gaga and Charlize Theron have also reportedly tried it.
Hollywood celebrity hair stylist, Billy Yamaguchi, is reported to have said that he can identify a person's energy and customise a haircut, hair colour, and makeup to show these elements. Each matches a specific colour palette and feng shui practitioners claim that if you are able to match your hair to your own feng shui chart, your tresses will look youthful. Will the trend take off here too?
Avoid plastic accessories
Wear natural flowers in the hair, not plastic accessories, to increase the 'energy' around your tresses.
What works for you?
- As per reports, if you have a rectangular-shaped face, which is 'metal on wood', do not go for a rounded hair style.
- If you have an oval face cut, go simple and straight and avoid a rounded hair cut.
- If your face is square (stands for metal over earth) you can easily wear a rounded mane.
- Those whose element falls under fire can go for a shorter length with layers.
- If you wear your hair in a braid, it can leave you feeling focused and self-confident.
- If you do a side parting or wear your hair in soft curls, it could bring about feelings of romance and light-heart
Red is the preferred hair colour
The colour red represents fire and is said to stand for love, richness and luxury and so wearing this hue on your hair is said to attract good fortune.