* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Health: Oil Pulling With Coconut Oil By Primarily Inspired
Health & Fitness
Oil Pulling with Coconut Oil
Have you heard about oil pulling yet? If not, you’ve come to the right place! In this post, I’ll teach you all about oil pulling, the health benefits of oil pulling and my results from oil pulling with coconut oil for the past year. When I first heard about oil pulling, I was intrigued. I am a huge believer in doing what I can to lessen my toxic load and I have a heart that wants to teach anyone who will listen (that’s YOU! oh heyyy!
How to reduce the toxins in your life so that you can enjoy better health for yourself and for your family just like I’ve experienced. I love the fact that such a simple thing like swishing coconut oil in my mouth helps reduce the harmful bacteria in my body, keeps me healthier and effectively lessens my toxic load.
What is Oil Pulling?
Oil Pulling is an ancient Ayurvedic practice that involves swishing oil around your mouth for oral cleansing, detoxifying and overall health purposes.
The practice of oil pulling originated a few thousand years ago, but it’s once again gaining in popularity. Many holistic practitioners and functional medical doctors are even suggesting daily oil pulling to their patients. And for very good reason!
The science behind oil pulling is that the fatty acid composition in coconut oil attracts bacteria, microbes and other pathogens. The lauric acid in coconut oil is proven to be antimicrobial and antibacterial and can kill bacteria, viruses and fungi. Essentially, the coconut oil “pulls” toxins from the mouth, helping to cleanse our blood. After 15-20 minutes, the blood from the entire body has had the opportunity to circulate in and around the mouth, thus effectively pulling toxins from not just the mouth, but …
from the entire body.
Health Benefits of Oil Pulling
Because oil pulling can detoxify and cleanse toxins from the entire body, many people have experienced various health improvements. I’ve heard oil pulling improving many different conditions like skin issues, hormone problems, arthritis pain, allergies, chronic pain, migraines and more.
Health Benefits of Oil Pulling:
Reduced bacteria in the mouth
Reduced migraines and headaches
Reduced sinus infections
Increased oral health
Reduced plaque on the teeth
Reduced bad breath
Decreased joint pain and stiffness
Reduced liver and kidney stress
Reduced chemical load
Reduced risk of gum disease
Increased whitening of teeth
Increased mental awareness
Increased overall physical health
1. In the morning before drinking or eating, place 2-3 teaspoons of coconut oil in your mouth, making sure not to swallow. The morning is the ideal time to oil pull because your bacteria levels are the highest and you’ll have the greatest potential for detoxification. Make sure the coconut oil you use is unrefined and cold pressed so you will get the most benefits. I use THIS coconut oil.
2. Swish the oil around your mouth for 15-20 minutes like you would a regular mouthwash. Do not gargle the oil and do not swallow. After you oil pull, there are many bacteria and toxins in the oil so it’s very important not to swallow it.
3. After 15-20 minutes, spit the oil out into the trashcan.
4. Brush your teeth, tongue and gums (I use THIS toothpaste).
5. Rinse and gargle with warm salt water. I use 1/4 teaspoon sea salt mixed in 1/4 cup warm water.
In the beginning, you may have a hard time swishing for 15-20 minutes. If you are having difficulty, just oil pull for a few minutes and work your way up. You also may want to start with a smaller amount of coconut oil and work your way up. Even though the morning is the ideal time to oil pull, anytime during the day or night that you can fit time in to oil pull will be very beneficial! Many people oil pull while taking a shower.