* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
HEALTHY MINESTRONE SOUP
Food & Drink
- 1.5L water
- 2 cans of chopped tomatoes
- 1 L of vegetable or chicken stock
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1&1/2 red onions
- 2 large potato
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 carrot
- 1 handful of parsley
- A sprinkle of oregano
- 4 leaves of chopped basil
- A small handful of coriander
- dried thyme
- dried mixed herbs
- fat free bacon (optional for vegetarians)
- 1 cup of macaroni or risoni Pasta
- 1/8-1/4 of red cabbage
- lemon juice to the taste
- salt and pepper to the taste
- 1/2 a can of chopped Baby corn (optional)
- olive oil
- 4 table spoons of white sugar
- Chop up all vegetables to bite size pieces.Ppotatoes and carrots should be cut in small cubes.
- Peel off skin on garlic cloves, crush the clove with your knife and chop each clove finely.
- Pour roughly 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a medium sized saucepan on medium heat.
- Fry: onions, garlic, celery, bacon, baby corn and add red cabbage after frying the prior vegetables for approx 2 minutes.
- When all veggies are golden and bacon is cooked but not crispy add the canned tomatoes. Allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Turn heat to high and add stock, potatoes and carrots, bring to boil.
- Add water and again bring to boil.
- Once boiling, add pasta, lemon juice and a sprinkle of salt.
- Stir occasionally so pasta does not stick to bottom of sauce pan.
- Once the pasta is cooked add herbs and sugar (the sugar is essential as it neutralises the high acidic levels in the tomatoes) after 1 minute of stirring, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a ladle into soup bowls with soup spoons, I recommend serving with crispy ciabatta bread.