* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Gift This DIY Pottery Plate
DIY & Crafts
STEP-BY-STEP CREATING A LACE PLATE
1. Using a rolling pin, roll out a slab of porcelain clay 1/4 inch thick, making sure the slab is about 4 inches larger than the size of the doily to be used. Place the slab on a piece of cotton fabric.
2. Using a rolling pin, press the doily into the clay to make an impression.
3. Gently and slowly, peel back the doily.
4. Using a wet sponge, clean and smooth the lace impression, making sure to wipe away any loose particles of clay.
5. Using a pottery knife, trim around the outside edges of the doily design, smoothing any rough edges with your fingers or a wet sponge.
6. Grip the edges of the underlying fabric, and slide the clay into a shallow bowl so that the sides of the piece are slightly raised. Carefully press the clay down into the bowl, and let it dry for approximately 2 days (this varies greatly depending upon the humidity of the environment and the dampness of the clay.)