* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Get the Look: Cate Blanchett's Stunning Braided Chignon
Click each image for full picture
1. Start by curling and pinning the top center section of your hair into pin curls. This is going to smooth and bond your hair together as well as give it volume.
2. Start a thin French braid along the center of one side of your head. Once you get to the back center of your head, use an elastic to secure the braid.
3. Cate’s updo is only braided on one side, but we went ahead and French braided both sides of our model Lisa’s hair to take the look to another level. So basically, just repeat Step 2 on the other side of your head. (If you want to be a legit copycat, you should leave one side braided and simply pull back the same amount of hair on the other side).
4. Take the two pulled back sections from each side and tie them into one ponytail in the back center of your head.
5. Pull out the pin curls from the top section of your hair.
6. Back comb the top section of your hair to give it added volume.
7. Smooth down your hair and use a wax stick like TIGI’s Bed Head Hair Stick ($14) to tame any fly aways but still leave a soft finish.
8. Pin the top section directly above the ponytail.
9. Curl the ends of the ponytail to make placing the chignon easier.
10. Wrap the remaining top section of the hair you just pinned above the ponytail around the ponytail and secure it with a bobby pin.
11. Twist the ponytail up into a chignon and secure with a few bobby pins.
Don't forget to like, save, share and follow me for more tips