* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Gerмan Cнocolaтe Caĸe😍
Food & Drink
*1/2 cup water *4(1 ounce) squares German sweet chocolate *1 cup butter, softened *2 cups white sugar *4 egg yolks *1 tsp vanilla extract *1 cup buttermilk *2 1/2 cups cake flour *1 tsp baking soda *1/2 tsp salt *4 egg whites
*1 cup white sugar *1 cup evaporated milk *1/2 cup butter *3 egg yolks, beaten *1 1/3 cups flaked coconut *1 cup chopped pecans *1 tsp vanilla extract *1/2 tsp shortening *1(1ounce) square semisweet chocolate
1) preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 3-9 inch round pans. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a small saucepan, heat water and 4 ounces chocolate until melted. Remove from heat and allowed to cool.
2) in a large bowl, cream 1 cup butter and 2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in 4 egg yolks one at a time. Blend in the melted chocolate mixture and vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, mixing just until incorporated.
3) In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Full one third of the whites into the batter, then quickly fold and remaining whites until no streaks remain.
4) Pour into 3-9 inch pans. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allowed to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto wire rack.
5) To make the filling: In a saucepan combine 1 cup sugar, evaporated milk, 1 half cup butter, and 3 egg yolks. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Remove from heat. stir in coconut, pecans, and vanilla. Cool until thick enough to spread.
6) Spread feeling between layers and on top of cake. In a small saucepan, melt shortening and one ounce of chocolate. Stir until smooth and drizzle down the sides of the cake.