* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Fourth Of July Rice Krispies Treats!
Food & Drink
Add a little snap, crackle, and POP to your Independence Day festivities!
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 package marshmallows
- 3 TB margarine or butter
- Food coloring (red and blue – I like Betty Crocker Gel Food Colors because the colors are brighter)
1. Gather your supplies and divide the rice krispies and marshmallows in three for the three layers (2 cups rice krispies and about 2 cups marshmallows).
2. I like to microwave my marshmallows because it’s easier. I stick them in a microwave safe bowl along with the margarine (1 TB) for a few minutes or until they start to get big and almost touch the top of the microwave. Take them out, stir well and add the food coloring (I added almost 1/4 – 1/3 tube of the gel food coloring which is a lot I know but made the colors pretty and bright). Then add the 2 cups of Rice Krispies and stir well. Press into well greased 9×9 (a 9×13 works but makes thinner treats). I wanted mine more thick so I used a 9×9 (8×8 would work as well).
3. Do this for all 3 layers starting with the blue, then white (which is just regular and requires no food coloring) and then red. Pat down all layers really well using wax paper.