* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Extra Cheesy Mex Mac N Cheese
Food & Drink
6 tbs. unsalted butter
2 shallots, minced
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
1 tbs. ancho chile powder
2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
Salt & Pepper
1 pound mini elbow macaroni
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
4 cups whole milk
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded mild manchego cheese
1. Heat 1 tbs. butter in a medium skillet over medium- high heat. Add the shallots and saute until translucent about five minutes. Mix the breadcrumbs until coated, then the Chile powder and thyme; season with salt. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 350. Rub 1 tbs. of butter in a 9 by 13 inch baking dish
3. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook as the label directs, until tender but still firm to the bite. Drain and set aside.
4. Meanwhile, melt the remaining 4 tbs. of butter in a large heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add the flour and stir for one minute; do not brown.
Add the milk in a slow steady stream, whisking until smooth, Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and cook, whisking until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
Whisk in 1 cup each mozzarella, cheddar, & manchego. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the pasta and remove from heat. Pour the pasta mixture into the prepared baking dish
5. Mix the remaining 1 cup mozzarella, cheddar, and manchego in a medium bowl. Sprinkle over the pasta.
Top with breadcrumb mixture.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Uncover and bake until the top is golden, about 12 minutes. Serve immediately