* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Easy To Bake: White Chocolate And Strawberry Millefeuille
Food & Drink
Truly Delicious! Serves 6
• 1 sheet of ready made rolled puff pastry
• 1 tbsp icing sugar
• 25g cornflour
• 3 egg yolks
• 1 tbsp of caster sugar
• 350ml milk
• 100g white chocolate
• 1tbsp vanilla extract
• 600g strawberries
• 2 tbsp icing sugar to serve
1. Pre heat oven at 200c
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Roll out a sheet of puff pastry until it is just slightly bigger than 28 x 30 cm. Dust the surface with icing sugar.
3. Place it on the baking tray and then place another sheet of baking paper on top, followed by a heavy baking tray on top of that. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
4.Once cooked, remove the tray from the top and leave to cool. Once cold, carefully cut into three equal rectangles.
5. Make the pastry cream by melting the chocolate over a pan of very gently simmering water then remove from the heat.
6. Warm the milk in a saucepan.
7. Whisk together the egg yolks, caster sugar, vanilla and cornflour until combined, then whilst whisking, add the warm milk then stir in the melted chocolate. Place it back into the pan and onto the heat. Stir constantly until thickened, do not panic about any lumps - simply whisk them out! Remove from the heat, spoon into a bowl and cover the surface with a piece of cling film to prevent a skin from forming.
8. Once cold you can now assemble everything. Place one of the pastry rectangles on a plate. Place the pastry crème in a piping bag and pipe 1⁄2 onto the pastry.
9. Cut the strawberries in half then place some onto of the cream. Top with another sheet of pastry, more cream and the remaining strawberries. Place the last sheet of pastry on top and dust with icing sugar and serve. It is best cut with a bread knife.
You won't regret baking this, unless your on a diet because i can't stop eating this!