* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Easy Star "Braid" To Celebrate Independence Day
One view of my three year old daughter styling this braid. (She was styling safety ear muffs for the fireworks, as well.)
1. Divide their hair into halves - front vs back. Divide the front half into thirds. Pin the middle section out of your way.
2. Take one fourth of a side (front) (aka left) section and twist it while pulling it into the other side (front) (aka right) section. Use a rubber hair tie to tie off the second (right) section. (You can add a ribbon at this point. I added a short white ribbon and a long red ribbon at the hair tie.)
3. Take one forth of the original second (right) section. Twist it with the white ribbon and weave it around the other portion going across her head, and tie it.
Another view of my three year old daughter styling this braid. (Sorry the red ribbon had issues when capturing the image.)
4. Add a long blue ribbon to the left section.
5. Divide the bottom portion of the hair style into two portions. Pin the left section out of your way, temporarily.
6. Twist the top left section, with its blue ribbon, across and down to the bottom right portion, and temporarily tie this section.
7. Twist the top right section, with its red ribbon, across and down to the bottom left portion, and temporarily tie this section.
8. Return to the top center portion. Fold an extra long white ribbon in half, and tie it off at the hair tie.
9. Divide the top center portion in half, and pin half of it out of your way. With the other half, twist it with one half of the extra long white ribbon down to the bottom right portion. Now you can tie the bottom right portion with all of its components.
10. Repeat step 9 with the other half of the top center portion to tie off the bottom left portion. You have created a star! :)
11a. At this point, if her hair is short, you can just leave it as is, or add more ribbon to her hair and curl it.
11b. If her hair is long, you can add the missing third color ribbon to each portion (red to right and blue to left). Now divide each portion into thirds, where each third as one ribbon, and make a simple braid. You can curl her hair & ribbons as much as you desire.
Hope you enjoyed this hair style tip! Watch for my next post about how to make a cross-over French braid.
This style was identified and adapted from looking at photos from Google search for Independence Day hair styles.