* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Easy DIY Gift: Decorate A Mug With A Sharpie
DIY & Crafts
1. Buy some white cups or mugs. You can find them in superstores, thrift stores, dollar stores, and online.
2. Pick a sharpie. For long-lasting results, choose oil-based paint sharpie markers. Regular sharpie ink can come off even after baking. Pick a color to use on your mug. You can stay simple and choose one color, or be more ambitious and use multiple. If you're sticking to one color, then black is usually a good choice, given its striking contrast to the white background of the mug.
3. Start drawing. Decide what you want to put on the cup, and maybe practice drawing it on a piece of paper before drawing on the mug. Pick a meaningful quote or a cute graphic to decorate the mug with, and get inspired by mugs being sold on Etsy or by googling examples of sharpie mug projects online.
4. Dry it out. Let your mug dry for a few hours or overnight before placing it into the oven. You can also draw over it again if you'd like to make sure the pattern doesn't come off in the wash. If you draw over it again, be sure to leave it out to dry again before baking.
5. Bake it. Bake the mug in the oven for 30 minutes at 350°F. Remember to place the mug in the oven before it heats up and leave it in until the oven cools completely so there won't be any cracks. You can choose to bake the mugs twice to really set in the sharpie drawings.