* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Dip Dye Hair With Food Colouring - Will Last 1-3 Weeks
My actual hair
I recommend doing this on a day you have free, as this needs to sit on your hair for 2-4 hours (depending on your hair colour. For blonde hair about 2/3 hours, darker hair 3/4)
Things you will need:
- an old tshirt
-a few towels that won't matter if they get stained (one for the floor, and one to protect the surface you're using, eg. Bathroom sink)
- small disposable container
- food colouring
- disposable gloves
-clean dry hair
1. First you will need to work out where you are putting the colouring. I did mine in sections. The bottom half, top, then my (grown out) bangs. Once you have done this, then it should give you a fair idea of how much colouring you will need.
2. Put desired amount of food dye and vinegar in the container. I think I used about half of a 1/4 measuring cup and a tsp and a half of vinegar. I think that's the most you'll need. You can add more or less depending on your hair length.
Step 3 on next page
3. Put on disposable gloves if not done already. Take section of hair, dip toothbrush into dye mix, and coat hair in dye, making sure that all the hair is covered.
4. Once hair is coated, wrap in foil.
5. Repeat for all other parts of hair being dyed.
6. Leave foil on for 3-4 hours to allow the colour to be absorbed.
7. After 3-4 hours, rinse dye out of hair under cold water.
Tips on next page.
- do not wash hair until next day at least. To allow the dye to really set in
- when sleeping, place an old towel on pillow just in case, to stop pillow from being stained.
- when you shower, it will look like it's all washing out of your hair. Don't worry, that's only the dye that wasn't absorbed by your hair that's being washe out. This will happen the first few times you wash your hair.
- dye will last for 1-3 weeks, and will fade with each wash. It is not permanent.
- be very careful when doing this, as the dye can get everywhere and will stain everything, including your skin.
Please 👍 if you found this helpful, and leave a comment if you have any questions, or if you want to let me know how it went. Follow me if you want more tips as I will post about mainly health & fitness, and beauty stuff. Thanks! 😘💕