* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
Did Any1 Call 4 A Delicious Victoria Sponge Cake? Oh That's Right, I Did!!
Food & Drink
175g butter room temperature, plus extra for greasing
175g caster sugar
3 eggs, beaten
175g self raising flour
Pinch of salt
3 tbsp raspberry jam
1 tbsp caster or icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 280•C/Gas mark 4
2. Grease two 20cm sponge tins and line with grease proof/ baking paper.
3. Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl using a wooden spoon or a hand held mixer until the mixture is pale in colour and light and fluffy
4. Add the egg a little at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Soft the flour and salt and carefully add to the mixture, folding it in with a metal spoon or a spatula
6. Divide the mixture between the tins and smooth over with the spatula
7. Place them in the same shelf in the centre of the oven and bake for 25-30 mins until
Well risen, golden brown and beginning to shrink from the sides of the tin.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 1 min
9. Loosen the cakes from around the edge of he tins using a palette knife. Turn the cakes out onto a clean towel, remove the paper and invert them on to a wire rack.
10. When completely cool, sandwich together with the jam and sprinkle the with the sugar. The cake is delicious when freshly baked, but any remaining cake can be stored in an air tight tin for up to 1 week