1. In a pot melt the brown sugar, honey and butter together on medium heat until it starts to bubble .
2. When it bubbles take it off the stove and let it cool, then add the egg.
3. In a bowl mix the flour, baking powder, ginger and mixed spices together.
4. Mix the bowl mixture with the pot mixture.
5. Preheat the oven to 180C.
6. Roll out the dough and cut it into shapes.
7. Put it on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 12 minutes or until they are ready.
8. Leave it to cool and then decorate and enjoy your homemade delicious gingerbread cookies 😘😊
If it turns out too dry add a little bit of milk. If it turns out too liquid add more flour.
For the royal icing:
1 cup icing sugar
1 large egg white
1tsp lemon juice (optional)
Food dye (optional)
1. Beat the egg white with the lemon juice (or without it) until it combines.
2. Add the sugar and beat it again.
3. Add a few drops of food dye if you feel like adding colour. Mix it again.
4. You can cover the cookie with the icing or you can also place it in a piping bag to squeeze it out for decorating or writing.
5. Now have fun decorating those delicious cookies 😉😘
Feel free to like, share, and follow me for more great tips. 😊