* Buy Together & Subscriptions orders are not eligible for Cashback
Free shipping over $25
Free Shipping on All Orders Over $25.
You may request a return within 30 days from the date the product is shipped.
All returns may be tentative on brand approval.
DIY ROPE & SHELL BEACH FLAG
DIY & Crafts
This is what you will need for this project:
- Rough plywood. We cut ours down to 36” wide by 20” tall. Make your life easier and make it 21” tall for simpler math. Large hardware stores will cut the wood down for you.
- Stain of your choice
- White Paint
- Heavy rope – I got mine at the local hardware store and they cut it right to the length I needed. Calculate your length of rope based on your size. I did 7 rows of rope and then went all the way around the perimeter. I bought 35’ of rope and that was more than enough for the project.
- Around 12 shells of your choice
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Step 1 – Stain your plywood.
Step 2 – Lightly coat the plywood with white paint so that some of the stained wood still shows through in the rough spots.
Step 3 – Measure out where you want to place your rope. If you do 21” high, then you can mark a straight line, with a pencil, every 3 inches.
Step 4 – Eyeball where you want your corner “star” section based on your proportions.
Step 5 – Cut your rope to 36” lengths. I used a heavy duty pair of snips.
Step 6 – Use hot glue to attach the rope along the pencil lines. Run one short piece to frame out the “star section” and then use shorter lengths for the top 2 sections.
Step 7 – Hot glue rope around perimeter to create a frame. (note – if you are placing this in direction sunlight, the hot glue will not hold up. You will need to use an outdoor approved adhesive.)